Chef at Aura Cocina Mexicana
Graciela Montano, Mexican chef with sommelier and pairing studies; graduated from Colegio Superior de Gastronomía, Escuela de Gastronomía Mexicana, Arte y Cultura and Escuela Nacional de Antropología e Historia. Since 2013, Graciela runs every Friday at 12:30 pm central time “Tu Cocina”, a TV show on public national channel ONCE TV and is also México´s Cook&Chef Ambassador for Bergner Europe, worldwide kitchenware company.
Graciela runs Aura Mexican Cooking (Aura Cocina Mexicana) a unique space that offers since 2010, Mexican cooking experiences, cooking workshops and market culinary tours that have been mentioned by Los Angeles Times Sunday Travel and several travel blogs; welcoming Clients from all continents from former chefs to culinary enthusiasts. Graciela is very passionate about Mexican history, art, legends and crafts and reflects this heritage in all her menus and dishes: from street food antojitos to rich and complex moles.
Graduate of ENAH, Mexican School of Anthropology and History where she focused on Mexican Food Culture and of Mexican School of Gastronomy, History, Art and Culture, where she studied a specialization in Traditional Mexican Gastronomy and History of Art in Mexico City. At the Higher College of Gastronomy, she pursued courses to become a wine professional and a diploma in the Technical College.
Certified as Tequila Taster by the Mexican Tequila Tasters Association, Graciela has a great passion for the food, drink and traditions of Mexico.
• Degree in Cocina y Cultura Alimentaria en México from ENAH, Escuela Nacional de Antropología e Historia, in Mexico City, 2017
• Degree in Art in Mexico City; Cultural and Artistic Heritage from the Mexican School of Gastronomy; History, Art and Culture, in Mexico City, 2013 – 2015
• Professional Degree in Wines for Sommeliers from the Higher Gastronomy College in Mexico City, 2012 – 2013
• Specialization in Traditional Mexican Gastronomy at the Mexican School of Gastronomy, History, Art and Culture, in Mexico City. 2011 – 2012
• Tequila Taster, Mexican Tequila Tasters´ Association, Wine and Mescal in Tequila, Jalisco, Mexico, 2012
• Diploma from the Technical College at the Higher Gastronomy College in Mexico City 2011-2012
• Course in Food and Wine Pairing, at the Culinary Institute of America in Santa Helena, California, USA, 2010
• D1B Diploma from “IPADE” PanAmerican University Business School, Mexico City, 1999 – 2000
• Cybernetic Engineering and Systems Administration from La Salle University, Mexico City, 1994